MemcachedClientException: Received empty response

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Hi,

I'm using the memcached worker role and the memcached.client only, without using the wcf service. When running inside the development fabric I'm getting the following exception:

exception e=Memcached.MemcachedClientException: Received empty response.   at Memcached.PooledSocket.ReadResponse() in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\PooledSocket.cs:line 166   at Memcached.MemcachedClient.<>c__DisplayClass1.<store>b__0(PooledSocket socket) in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\MemcachedClient.cs:line 424   at Memcached.ServerPool.Execute[T](SocketPool pool, T defaultValue, UseSocket`1 use) in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\ServerPool.cs:line 162   at Memcached.ServerPool.Execute[T](UInt32 hash, T defaultValue, UseSocket`1 use) in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\ServerPool.cs:line 136   at Memcached.MemcachedClient.store(String command, String key, Boolean keyIsChecked, Object value, UInt32 hash, Int32 expiry, UInt64 unique) in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\MemcachedClient.cs:line 387   at Memcached.MemcachedClient.store(String command, String key, Boolean keyIsChecked, Object value, UInt32 hash, Int32 expiry) in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\MemcachedClient.cs:line 351   at Memcached.MemcachedClient.Add(String key, Object value) in C:\Depot\Contrail\ContrailSystem\ContrailRouter\MemcachedClient\MemcachedClient.cs:line 294

I can see the memcached server running in my list of processes, I can also see that there is a listening port opened by the memcached server. and the memcached client is in fact initialized with the right set of endpoints (one endpoint). Any idea?

-Patrick